In this section, you will find a broad range of resources and information on the quality agenda, split into 4 sections:
MSKPN recommended quality standards
MSKPN exists to champion a gold standard in MSK healthcare. This mission is challenging to achieve when there is currently no consistent approach to defining high quality in MSK healthcare.
To navigate this, MSKPN has consolidated industry wide views and opinions to create a defined quality standard. This standard is based on three core principles to ensure it can be widely adopted across the industry.
- EASY TO COLLECT – The recommended standards must be intuitive, patient and clinician-friendly, and not time-consuming to collect
- NOT COST PROHIBITIVE – MSKPN’s recommended standards have been selected to avoid costly licence fees
- VALUABLE & INSIGHTFUL – The recommended standards will be sensitive enough to differentiate between poor and good quality providers and meaningful to patients, clinicians and wider MSK stakeholders
The standards selected represent four components central to the core purpose MSK healthcare.
- How successfully does MSK healthcare improve patient’s pain?
- To what extent does MSK healthcare improve our patient’s ability to perform functional activities, individualised to each patient’s own needs?
- What overall improvement do patients achieve, following an episode of MSK care?
- How satisfied are patients with the experience of their care?
A summary of the recommended standards is shown below. A handout to summarise this approach was made available at June’s Therapy Live conference: